Pages

...wait for complete web loading...

a walk around Minorca


The most beautiful disco in Europe, inside a cave.
If you're looking for fun and crazy discos, then go to Ibiza. In Minorca you can just have the best.
"Blue eyes blue"
Eric Clapton's got a house in Minorca (Noel Gallagher in Ibiza), and also Elton John's mum :)

"Change the world" (Eric Clapton, 1996, click here for the video)

If I could reach the stars, I'd pull one down for you
Shine it on my heart, so you could see the truth
That this love I have inside is everything it seems
But for now I find, it's only in my dreams
(chorus): That I can change the world
I would be the sunlight in your universe
You will think my love was really something good
Baby if I could change the world...
If I could be King, even for a day
I'd take you as my Queen, I'd have it no other way
And our love will rule, in this kingdom we have made
Till then I'd be a fool, wishin' for the day
(chorus)
...Baby if I could change the world...
(guitar solo+chorus)
Baby if I could change the world...









Es Pla, restaurant in Fornells, owned by the King of Spain, Juan Carlos.


MAYONNAISE IS NOT FRENCH
One of the main typical products in Minorca is the mayonnaise: it was not invented by the French, but by a cook in Minorca, who served it to plaintive French soldiers (in 18th century), who wanted quickly something to eat. The cook put some things together and so mayonnaise was born (the name comes from the capital of Minorca: Mahon->mahonesa, in Spanish language). The French then brought mayonnaise to France.
Discover its interesting history...