Pages

...wait for complete web loading...

SHANGRI-LA


Shangri-La is an urbanization zone of villas in Menorca. The name Shangri-La comes from the legendary land (Atlantis), impossible to reach. Nudism on beaches is allowed in the island: it's not difficult to find some beautiful nude girls around :).

Shangri-La. In the front beach, fresh water of the lake meets salt water in the sea.

Are the lyrics of this song referred to a woman or the island itself ?

IDLER'S (ISLAND) DREAM by OASIS (2002)

(words and music by Noel Gallagher)

(instrument used in the original version: piano)


(Intro): F F4 F F7m
(Verse 1): F F4 F F7m
My Heart, it skips a beat when I behold


(Same as intro)F F4 F F7m
the light that’s shining through Your Eyes of gold
Dm C C4 C
From heavenly blood You seem to spring,

Dm C C4 C

From heavenly waters You can drink
(Verse 2):
I’ll meet You on a day that never ends,
I’ll greet You in a way that Heaven meant.


You lay me down gently on the leaves,
You cover me over in my sleep…
(Pre-Chorus): F C
I never did say I wish I could,
F C
I never could pray ‘cause it’s just no good,

F C

I hope You don’t break My Heart of stone,
Em F C G (quickly)
I don’t wanna scream out loud and wake up on my own…mmm…

(Chorus): Am Em
And as I close My Eyes and the sky turns red
F C G (quickly)
I realise just what You are,
Am E F D/F#
You’re an idler’s/My Island Dream and You’re singing Shangri-La
F D/F#
Shangri-La
F D/F#
Shangri-La
F C
Shangri-La...

MPL Studio girls

My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon
I will return again
As the dust it blows high in June...

(Led Zeppelin, "Kashmir", 1975, click here for a video)


one of my acoustic guitars


SHANGRI-LA (The Kinks, 1969)

Now that you've found your paradise
This is your Kingdom to command
You can go outside and polish your car
Or sit by the fire in your Shangri-La
Here is your reward for working so hard
Gone are the lavatories in the back yard
Gone are the days when you dreamed of that car
You just want to sit in your Shangri-La

Put on your slippers and sit by the fire
You've reached your top and you just can't get any higher
You're in your place and you know where you are
In your Shangri-La
Sit back in your old rockin' chair
You need not worry, you need not care
You can't go anywhere
Shangri-La, Shangri-La, Shangri-La

The little man who gets the train
Got a mortgage hanging over his head
But he's too scared to complain
'Cos he's conditioned that way
Time goes by and he pays off his debts
Got a TV set and a radio
For 7 shillings a week
Shangri-La, Shangri-La, Shangri-La, Shangri-La, Shangri-La, Shangri-La

And all the houses in the street have got a name
'Cos all the houses in the street they look the same
Same chimney pots, same little cars, same window panes
The neighbors call to tell you things that you should know
They say their lines, they drink their tea, and then they go
They tell your business in another Shangri-La
The gas bills and the water rates, and payments on the car
Too scared to think about how insecure you are
Life ain't so happy in your little Shangri-la
Shangri-La, Shangri-La la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

Put on your slippers and sit by the fire [...]

Shangri-La, Shangri-La, Shangri-La, Shangri-La, Shangri-La, Shangri-La


click here for an "Our Shangri-La" live video

OUR SHANGRI-LA (Mark Knopfler, 2004)

It's the end of a perfect day for all the surfer boys and girls
the sun's dropping down in the bay and falling off the world
there's a diamond in the sky, our evening stone in our Shangri-La

get that fire burning strong right here and right now
It's here and then it's gone, there's no secret anyhow.
We may never love again to the music of guitars in our Shangri-La

Tonight your beauty burns into my memory
the wheel of heaven turns above us endlessly
this is all the heaven we've got, right here where we are in our Shangri-La.

Tonight your beauty burns into my memory
the wheel of heaven turns above us endlessly
this is all the heaven we've got, right here where we are in our Shangri-La,
in our Shangri-La
in our Shangri-La

Shangri-La, The Lettermen